This BURRITO CASSEROLE Recipe is shaped like a pie for a fun twist on taco night. It’s got multiple tortilla layers of taco meat, rice, and cheese! Feel free to cook and add your favorite burrito fillings to customize this dish. Browse through for other recipes and Have Fun.
“Satisfy your craving for something different tonight. It’s good and fairly easy. This is stuff I usually have on hand too.”
This burrito casserole is shaped like a pie for a fun twist on taco night!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cooked rice, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to a medium mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat. When cooked through, drain the fat and stir in the taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons of water to coat. Set aside.
- Place one flour tortilla in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Spread tortilla with 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- Top with 1/2 cup of prepared rice and 1/3 of the taco meat.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of salsa over the top.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 more times, pressing down the tortilla stack each time you add a new tortilla.
- Add a final layer of tortilla, sour cream, salsa, and cheese to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and melty.
- Serve with all of your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, guacamole, hot sauce, etc.