This amazing crab noodles recipe brings some serious zingy heat. You’ll toss fine egg noodles with sweet crab, roasted garlic, chilli, sesame and lime, and dish up a delectable stir-fry in just 10 minutes!
Chilli Crab + Egg Noodles
These punchy crab noodles bring some serious zingy heat. You'll toss fine egg noodles with sweet crab, roasted garlic, chilli, sesame and lime, and dish up a delectable stir-fry in just 10 minutes!
- ¼ cup (60ml) sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 birdseye chillies, sliced
- 1 tbs chilli garlic sauce or other chilli paste
- 2 tbs kecap manis500g fresh thick egg noodles (we used hokkien)
- 1 bunch bok choy, blanched and sliced
- ½ bunch spring onions, chopped
- 500g cooked spanner crab meat (or chopped cooked prawns)
- Micro herbs and chilli oil to serve (optional)
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs oil and swirl around the pan. Add the eggs, and swirl around to cook. Turn onto a board. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Wipe wok clean and place over high heat until smoking. Add remaining 2 tbs oil, then the onion. Cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes. Add chillies and toss for 30 seconds. Add chilli paste, kecap manis and ¼ cup (60ml) water. Toss to combine.
- Add noodles and toss to coat, then add the omelette, bok choy, spring onion and crab. Toss to heat through.
- Serve with herbs and chilli oil.