These Chocolate Biscuits Recipe is a unique Mix They are a little chocolate indulgence and great to have with a cup of tea or coffee. These biscuits are so delicious,
These chocolate biscuits are flaky, buttery and chocolatey – a wonderful twist on a traditional biscuit recipe. I love one with a pat of butter, but they also make the best chocolate strawberry shortcake dessert.
Basic chocolate biscuits
These biscuits are so delicious, I have to hide them in the pantry or the kids will eat them all in one sitting. They are a little chocolate indulgence and great to have with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Roll spoonfuls into balls and press with a fork to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.