Garlic Butter Rice Recipe. Garlic Butter Rice is a classic side dish that has been enjoyed for generations. Its simplicity and delicious taste make it a favorite among many, and it’s no wonder why. This dish is made with just a few simple ingredients, but packs a punch of flavor that can elevate any meal.
One of the things that sets Garlic Butter Rice apart is the combination of garlic and butter. Garlic is a staple in many cuisines and has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties as well as its distinct and pungent flavor. When combined with butter, it creates a rich and savory sauce that adds depth and complexity to the dish.
Another great thing about Garlic Butter Rice is its versatility. It can be paired with a wide variety of main courses, making it a perfect side dish for any occasion. Whether you’re serving grilled chicken, fish, or steak, Garlic Butter Rice is sure to complement the flavors and enhance the overall taste of the meal. It’s also great as a side dish for a hearty bowl of soup or chili, or even as a base for a flavorful fried rice dish.
But the real secret to making this perfect Recipe is the quality of the rice. A high-quality rice will make all the difference in the final dish. Long-grain rice varieties like Basmati or Jasmine are perfect for this recipe as they have a light and fluffy texture that can absorb the rich flavors of the sauce.
Start by rinsing 1 cup of rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. This step is important as it removes excess starch and ensures that the rice will be light and fluffy once cooked. Next, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rinsed rice, stir once, and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed. Once the rice is done, remove it from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
While the rice is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Once the rice is done, fluff it with a fork and add the garlic butter, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
Whether you’re serving it as a side dish for a special occasion or a quick and easy weeknight dinner, this dish is sure to please. So next time you’re looking for a tasty and easy side dish, give Garlic Butter Rice a try and experience its unique and delicious flavor.
Detailed Recipe on Garlic Butter Rice
GARLIC BUTTER RICE
- 4 tablespoons (2oz. | 60g) butter, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice, long gran, Basmati or Jasmine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley,
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minute.
- Stir in rice to coat with the garlic butter.
- Add broth, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to low so the liquid is simmering very gently. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 14 minutes.
- Uncover and stir through fresh parsley.
- Remove from heat, cover with lid and let stand 5-12 minutes, until soft.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Stir through remaining butter and season with a little extra salt, pepper and dried parsley.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.