In the mood for a Cheese Burger and chips? This Recipe nails it. It’s our famous plant-based patty, stacked with melty dairy-free cheese and zingy slaw in a brioche bun. Un-burger-lievable!
Cheese Burger With Chips
In the mood for a burger and chips? This one nails it. It's our famous plant-based patty, stacked with melty dairy-free cheese and zingy slaw in a brioche bun. Un-burger-lievable!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 gem lettuce
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 2 ultimate vegan burger patties †
- 2 plant based brioche buns †
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 30ml vegan mayonnaise †
- 2 cheese flavour slices
- 3 white potatoes
- 1 tomato
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ gas 7Cut the potatoes (skins on) into chips and add them to a baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of saltPut the tray in the oven for 25-30 min or until crisp
- While the chips are in the oven, peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlicSlice the tomato[es] into rounds.
- Wash the gem lettuce, then remove the outer leaves and set aside for laterFinely shred the inner core
- Add the meat-free burger patties to one side of a baking paper-lined tray and put the tray in the oven for 10-12 min or until cooked through.
- While the patties are in the oven, add the mayo to a bowl with the chopped garlic, smoked paprika, a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepperGive everything a good mix up, then stir through the white wine vinegar – this is your burger sauce
- Once the patties are cooked, remove the tray from the oven and top each patty with a cheese flavour slice – these are your cheezy meat-free pattiesSlice the brioche buns in half and add them to the other side of the tray. Return the tray to the oven for 3-4 min or until the cheese flavour slice has melted and the plant-based brioche is warmed through
- Meanwhile, add the shredded lettuce to a bowl with half of the burger sauce (save the rest for later!) and give it a good mix up – this is your lettuce slawFill each warmed brioche bun with a spoonful of lettuce slaw, a cheezy meat-free patty and the tomato rounds – these are your plant-based cheezeburgersServe the chips, remaining lettuce leaves and remaining burger sauce to the sideDrizzle the lettuce leaves with olive oilEnjoy!