Smoky Spanish-Style Chicken with Patatas Bravas Recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines succulent chicken recipes with crispy patatas bravas, or fried potatoes. Among other Recipes, The dish is typically made with bone-in chicken thighs or legs, which are marinated in a smoky and spicy mixture of paprika, garlic, and olive oil. The chicken is then grilled or roasted to perfection, giving it a rich, smoky flavor and a crispy, golden-brown exterior.
The patatas bravas, on the other hand, are made by cutting potatoes into small cubes and deep-frying them until they are crispy and golden-brown. They are then seasoned with a spicy tomato sauce, which adds a bold, tangy flavor to the dish.
To make the marinade for the chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
Smoky Spanish-Style Chicken With Patatas Bravas
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 British chicken breast portions
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 50ml mayonnaise †4 white potatoes
- 16g tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- Before you start cooking, take your chicken out of the fridge, open the packet and let it air, then preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ gas 6Cut the potatoes (skins on) into bite-sized cubes, then add them to a baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepperPut the tray in the oven for 25-30 min or until the potatoes are golden and crispy – these are your crispy potatoes
- Deseed the peppers (scrape the seeds and pith out with a teaspoon) and cut them into thick stripsPeel and roughly slice the red onion[s]Add the pepper strips and sliced onion to a separate baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of saltPut the tray in the oven for 20 min or until the veg is soft and tender
- While the veg is in the oven, boil half a kettleDice the tomato[es]Peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlicDissolve the tomato paste in 100ml [200ml] boiled water and add the chilli flakes (can't handle the heat? Go easy!) – this is your spicy tomato stock
- Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) with a drizzle of vegetable oil over a medium heatOnce hot, add the diced tomato with a pinch of salt and sugar and cook for 3-4 min or until the tomatoes have broken downAdd the spicy tomato stock to the pan and cook for 3-4 min further or until thickened – this is your bravas sauce
- While the sauce thickens, cut the chicken breast portions in half lengthwaysCombine the ground coriander, smoked paprika, 1 tsp [2 tsp] sugar and a generous pinch of salt on a plate – this is your smoky spice mixAdd the halved chicken breasts to the smoky spice mix and mix until they are fully coated – this is your coated chicken
- Heat a separate large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) with a drizzle of vegetable oil over a medium heatOnce hot, add the coated chicken and cook for 4-5 min on each side or until the chicken is slightly blackened on the outside and cooked through (no pink meat!) – this is your smoky Spanish-style chicken
- Meanwhile, combine the mayo, chopped garlic, 1 tsp [2 tsp] cold water and a pinch of salt in a small bowl – this is your aioliTo serve, top the roasted veg with the smoky Spanish-style chicken with the crispy potatoes to the sideSpoon the bravas sauce over the crispy potatoes – this is your patatas bravasDrizzle the aioli all over the patatas bravasEnjoy!
First, deep-fry the potatoes in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
Then, in a pan sauté diced pepper and minced garlic, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
To assemble the dish, place the chicken on a platter and top it with the patatas bravas and spoon the tomato sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
This Smoky Spanish-style chicken and patatas bravas Recipe is perfect for a hearty and satisfying dinner, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The combination of smoky, spicy, and tangy flavors makes this dish truly irresistible. Serve with a cold beer or a glass of red wine to complete the experience.