Even meat eaters will love this super-easy and delicious vegetarian chickpea curry. It’s loaded with veggies like tomatoes and peas, and is on the table in 30 minutes.
Vegetarian Tomato, Pea and Chickpea Curry
Even meat eaters will love thise super-easy and delicious vegetarian chickpea curry. It's loaded with vegies like tomatoes and peas, and is on the table in 30 minutes.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced2cm ginger, chopped
- 1 dessertspoon oil
- 1 tbs mild curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 hot chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes395g tinned chickpeas
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbs yoghurt
- Fry the onion, ginger and garlic in a frypan for a few minutes. Add the curry and garam masala powders, and fry until fragrant for another minute.
- Pour over the tomatoes, stir, and then season with the chilli, salt and pepper and sugar.
- Add the chickpeas and cook uncovered for around 10 minutes until the flavours are combined.
- Stir for a few minutes and add frozen peas. Serve on basamati rice of with naan bread.